As we turn the page on 2013, I would like to wish everyone reading this post a very healthy, happy and prosperous 2014. Before the ball drops in Times Square, I thought I would offer ten predictions for the coming New Year on a variety of topics.
1. Gasoline prices will average less than 2.60 per gallon, with the price of oil dropping below $80 by mid-year and likely heading into the 60s.
2. Relations with Cuba will be close to normalized by the end of the year, and the embargo will either be lifted or the process to formally lift it will have begun
3. The Tampa Bay Rays will play the Braves in the World Series. Tampa Bay will win.
4. Obamacare will be repealed in a vote that has enough bi-partisan support that it will be veto-proof
5. MSNBC will hire a "big name" Conservative to host a primetime hour
6. Christian Bale will win Best Actor for American Hustle
7. The US and world economy will have a strong year
8. President Obama's approval rating will be over 50% by this time next year
9. Inflation will finally show back up and rates will rise in response to it by the 4th quarter
10. Edward Snowden will return to the United States. Whether to stand trial or to accept a plea deal is to be determined.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CHAPTERS
1-5 FOR FREE
"the courtroom scenes crackle....the setting and dialogue sing with pure authenticity." MenReadingBooks.com
Tampa Tribune:"this legal thriller is certainly hard to put down."
BookStory: "An edge of the seat legal battle. Unputdownable."
"I had a hard time putting it down."
"5 Stars Across the Board!"
"A cross between John Grisham and Tom Wolfe."
"Hard to Believe this is O'Leary's first novel."
R.C. O'Leary author of legal thriller Hallways in the Night.